Friday, June 26, 2009

Driving lessons..


Driving has always been a nightmare for me! :( I look at people driving/riding in Hyderabad and always wonder how the hell are these people still alive??
Autos/bikers overtake you from left/right with absolutely no heed to traffic rules/police. Driving in hyderabad is like playing road rash, except that this is REAL and is your LIFE!

Sitting in the front seat (next to my husband,who drives the car), I often wish I'm equipped with those rods/sticks/whatever they use in road rash - to bang their competetors - in my case, bang all those who change their lanes in the laaast minute/rashly overtake from left.

Now,talking about my driving skills. I've learnt car driving earlier but am soo used to being driven around, that I never really cared much about my driving. Mistake! BIG mistake! As if this is not bad enough, I always get confused between left & right! Picture this - me guiding somebody on a busy street , with people behind honking the life out of us. In this chaos, when the person asks me "which turn?", I say left, with my hands pointing towards right!!

Given all this background, I'm now planning on re-taking the driving lessons ;) and am actually planning to drive in Hyderabad! Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Gulp...God save the Hyderabadis! :P

Unknown said...

I am not surprised by you confusing with Left/Right as it is natural with Girls. They are the most confused lot, especially when it conmes to Trafic & Rules. Isn`t it?
But I liked the idea of beating around! Its awesome, you know... just imagine someone like you carrying big iron rod and on a rampage in the CITY for a day! I guess our beloved Hyd badly needs this! Also there is another idea why can`t you (re)learn driving and fix some spikes to your car (protruding outside like weapons) and start on a rampage in the busy hour... a lesson for all those violaters. Isn`t it?

Ista said...

So did you start driving finally? will get back to u with my driving adventures soon