Friday, March 5, 2010

Hooked to Horror flicks?


My husband complains when I suggest watching a horror movie. His reason? Well, why do you want to pay money to get scared? What's the point? He argues.

Why do adventure enthusiasts jump off a cliff or do a bungee jump? How did racing come into existence? Isn't the thrill involved, a BIG factor? Astronauts?
Are spaceships fool-proof?

All-right! I understand I'm going slightly overboard with my comparisions. The fact is, we all like thrills. Human mind seeks something to pump up the adrenalin..To get away from the mundaneness of daily existence. But not all of us go to any extent for it.Some thrills do kill.
Hence, my dear friends, I conclude that for all of us who do not indulge in the 'greater' risks, horror flicks are the best bets!

Go for them! Even if it means you watch the movie with your TV muted or hiding under the couch! Go watch! Feel the fear, the next time you are all alone at home.
Prove it to yourself that you outlived your fears. Go watch! ;)

5 comments:

Swetha Balla said...

I used to watch horror movies till around 3 years back and then I gave it up :D It used to make me feel slightly uncomfortable after watching the movie as opposed to some of the other thrills which would pump me up! :D

knottygal said...

I will take your Husband's side! Even if you pay me to watch a horror movie, I will skip it! ;-)

Lavanya said...

scared crows ;) :P

Unknown said...

I know who is sacred crow... Remember the day when we watched "Amaravathi"... Silpings... silpongs... lilliponts... Gilbert john... :D

Lavanya said...

It was more of disgust than scare, Vissu :)